Thursday, December 18, 2014

Sherlock Holmes Himself Interviews His Newest Chronicler

 
OMNIMYSTERY NEWS, a great resource for mystery aficionados worldwide, recently published an interview conducted by Sherlock Holmes himself. Holmes interviewed author Kim Krisco, who recently released – Sherlock Holmes – The Golden Years - five new adventures of the master detective. Here is an excerpt from this interview:

Holmes: I was challenged and exhilarated by all the adventures you created for me — although I came much to close to death in a couple of them. The Cure the KillsThe Kongo Nkisi Spirit Train, among others, allowed me to exercise my singular skills to the maximum.

Krisco: Yes, my stories brought you to the mountains of Scotland, racing across America, and trekking into the jungles of the Belgian Congo. You also "shared the stage" with some turn-of-the-century celebrities: G.K. Chesterton, Leander Starr Jameson, Emmeline Pankhurst, Harry Houdini, and President Theodore Roosevelt, to name a few.

 Holmes: Yes, I will admit that I found the circumstances you put me in both exciting and harrowing … including my reunion with "the woman."

Krisco: Thank you. Yes, I wanted to create a rich "reader experience." I did this in a number of ways: I created detailed historical backgrounds, but I also introduced a bit more action and suspense than one might find in a typical short story from the Doyle canon.

Holmes: I think you succeeded there … and I have the scars and bruises to prove it. However, I shall not complain. You know, I abhor boredom.

Krisco: And, I would not want you to seek relief by way of unnatural drugs.

Holmes: I low blow, sir. And you haling from Colorado that has just legalized marijuana?

Krisco: Touché, sir. Yes, "the high street" can have a different meaning here in Trinidad, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment